Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beginning Posting







Crisis prone Big Polluter has had its current crisis in progress since April 20, 2010. I am tracking the progress of this crisis on a web page I created at http://billslater.com/bp.






The current revised estimate for the amount of oil spilling out of control into the Gulf of Mexio from this disaster is 70,000 barrels per day. At 42 gallons of oil per barrel, as of May 15, 2010 (the day of this blog creation), approximately 76,440,000 gallons of crude oil have spilled into the Gulf of Mexico.


I am adding the chart I created in Excel to help visualize this.


Please pray for the people, animals, and plant life down there in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. And don't forget the sea animals and plants in the Gulf of Mexico. I don't know how much more they can take.


Parting comments, I have been concerned about the environment since 1970, and when I was in high school, I wrote my senior term paper in Spring 1973 on Air Pollution: Cause and Effect. In college I wrote a research paper on The Case for the Adoption of the Bicycle as the Major Mode of Transportation on Air Force Bases operated by the United States Air Force.

No comments:

Post a Comment